Just when I thought I was done using church bulletin bloopers in my blog, I came across several new bloopers. At least they are new to me. I hope you enjoy my latest additions to this vital genre of the written language.
- It’s Drug Awareness Week: Get involved in drugs before your children do.
- The Sunday night men’s Bible study will meet on Saturday at the park, unless it rains. In that case they will meet at their regular Tuesday evening time.
- Illiterate? Write to the church office for help.
- The class on prophecy has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.
- (An unfortunate blooper during the pastor’s illness) God is good! Dr. Hargreaves is better!
- A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.
- The church office will be closed until opening. It will remain closed after opening. It will reopen Monday.
- Let us join David and Lisa in the celebration of their wedding and bring their happiness to a conclusion.
- On Sunday a special collection will be taken to defray the expense of a new carpet. All those wishing to do something on the new carpet will please come forward to get a piece of paper.
- There is a sign-up sheet for anyone wishing to be baptized on the table in the foyer.
- Janet Smith has volunteered to strip and refinish the communion table in the sanctuary.
- The concert held in the fellowship hall was a great success. Special thanks are due to the pastor’s daughter, who labored the whole evening at the piano, which as usual fell upon her.
- Eight new choir robes are currently needed due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.
- If you are going to be hospitalized for an operation, contact the pastor. Special prayer also for those who are seriously sick by request.
- Jean will be leading a weight-management series Wednesday nights. She’s used the program herself and has been growing like crazy!
- (After the church maintenance man left a note with the church secretary that read “van battery dead,” these words were in the bulletin the next Sunday) Pray for the family of Van Battery who died this week.
- When parking on the north side of the church, please remember to park on an angel.
- Men’s prayer breakfast. No charge, but your damnation will be gratefully accepted.
Please feel free to contribute to the list. I love bulletin bloopers!
FREE Download: 7 Warning Signs Your Church Staff Is In Trouble
Sign up to receive posts like this one delivered to your inbox daily and get this FREE download from Vanderbloemen Search Group, experts in church leadership, team building, and church staffing.