My giveaway this Friday is a pair of pastoral resources.
First is the black, genuine leather version of the HCSB Minister’s Bible. This newly designed edition is ideal for pulpit use with its large type, wide margins, and extensive ancillary notes from many of today’s top preachers and church leadership voices.
Some features of the Bible include:
- Where to Turn When . . .
- Plan of Salvation
- Four-color presentation page
- Various wedding and funeral outlines by Jim Henry
- “8 Traits of Effective Church Leaders” by Thom S. Rainer
- “21 Essentials of Authentic Ministry” by James T. Draper
- “Four Kinds of Expositional Preaching” by Ed Stetzer
- “30 Keys to Giving an Invitation” by O. S. Hawkins
- “Leading a Child to Christ” by Bill Emeott
- “Reaching Students with the Gospel” by Lynn H. Pryor
- “The Importance of Baptism and Communion” by Rick White
- Commitment Counseling
- The Christian Year and Church Calendar
- The Apostles and Their History
Also included in the giveaway is Pastoral Leadership Is, a new book which presents a practical, Bible-based, and highly readable guide to leading the local church. This guidebook to the great adventure of being a pastor follows the directions God gave Moses in order to effectively shepherd Israel: Pray, Teach and Preach, Lead and Multiply. Believing the western world has traded the biblical model of pastoral leadership in favor of a traditional one, author Dave Earley writes to encourage pastors to become the spiritual warriors, missional leaders, and multiplying mentors God calls them to be. Each compelling entry is set up to finish the sentence that begins with the book’s title. For example, Pastoral Leadership Is . . . “Abandoning Your Life to the Call of God,” “Following Paul’s Example in Praying for Your Flock,” “Cooperating with the Holy Spirit,” “Leading a Church Full of Leaders,” “Resolving Conflict,” and more.
To be entered in the giveaway tell us your favorite athlete, living or dead.
The deadline to enter is midnight CST this Saturday. We will draw one winner from the entries on Monday morning.