Curiosity pushed me to do a search of the word “pastor” on Twitter. Some of the tweets were not out of the ordinary. But some of them were just fun to read. Here are fifteen fun tweets about pastors I discovered:
1. Pastor mobbed by congregation after a visiting Japanese member identified his “’speaking in tongues’” as the Japanese National Anthem.
2. Megachurch pastor says Obama reelection begins the reign of the antichrist.
3. Criticize your pastor on Facebook and bring a curse on yourself
4. Tonight my pastor said something about not having idols or worshiping them or something like that and literally my whole family looked at me.
5. I love how you can look at a pastor and almost guess what translation of the Bible he is going to read from!
6. Why does my pastor tell me that my treasure is in heaven, while his own private jet, mansion and investments are on earth?”
7. Pastor Tip: Preach while holding a kitten. People will do anything you tell them if you’re holding a kitten.
8. Apparently 6 a.m. is “too early” to call the pastor with prayer requests.
9. What’s the difference between a pastor and a youth pastor? Generally, about 40 pounds.
10. Sorry worship pastor. The only time I clap is if I want the lights on.
11. Pastor always dresses up a little more after a James Bond movie comes out.
12. Pastor just put his sermon to bed. Sunday it will put us to sleep.
13. That awkward moment when your pastor talks about how desperate the women are on “The Bachelor” and I’m covering my face.
14. Read your pastor’s lips. If he is talking more of prosperity than salvation, unfollow him.
15. We’re playing football at youth and I dropped the ball and said, ” oh golly” and then the youth pastor said “hey none of that language.” omg
Do you have any pastor tweets you would like to add?
Pastor to Pastor is the Saturday blog series at ThomRainer.com. Pastors and staff, if we can help in any way, contact Steve Drake, our director of pastoral relations, at Steve.Drake@LifeWay.com. We also welcome contacts from laypersons in churches asking questions about pastors, churches, or the pastor search process.
Get these posts delivered to your inbox daily
Subscribe today and receive my free downloadable resource on the minister's salary!