Christmas day. I love the excitement. The anticipation. The joy.
I still have a lot of kid in me on Christmas day.
This Christmas is incredibly special. I received twelve gifts. Twelve unbelievable gifts. Twelve precious gifts.
I don’t deserve any of them, but I am thankful for all of them. More than just thankful. Overwhelmingly, exceedingly, and abundantly thankful.
So let me take a few minutes of your time to share with you my gifts. Like the twelve days of Christmas, I received twelve gifts. I think you will understand why I am so excited and so grateful.
- I woke in this morning in a free country. No it’s not a perfect country, but it is a great country. What a gift.
- I have the gift of a great place to do ministry and to work. I do not take the opportunity God has given me to lead LifeWay for granted. I love this place. I love my fellow employees in ministry.
- God gave me the gift of friends I don’t deserve. I pray that I will never take their friendships for granted.
- I am blessed to be a part of a wonderful church. I thank God for the gift of Brentwood Baptist Church and my pastor, Mike Glenn.
- I get to celebrate the Christmas season with five healthy and happy grandchildren. What incredible gifts I have in Canon, Maggie, Nathaniel, Harper, and Bren!
- It is an amazing gift to know that my grandson Will is in heaven. I miss him so much and wish he were here with us. But that’s selfish of me. His Christmas day is with the Savior Himself.
- For years I prayed, if it was God’s will for my sons to get married, that He would bless them with three godly wives. He did. Beyond measure. This morning I woke to thank Him for the great gifts of my daughters-in-law: Erin, Sarah, and Rachel.
- I cannot imagine any better sons than Sam, Art, and Jess. What incredible gifts. What incredible blessings. All of my sons have surpassed their father in every good way.
- What a precious gift it is to have a godly wife. For 35 years, Nellie Jo has stood by my side and loved me unconditionally. She has sacrificed greatly for her family. She courageously fought an aggressive cancer, and she is here with me today, alive and well. An incredible gift.
- I have the gift of being able to speak and to listen to the King of Kings Himself. Prayer is a gift beyond measure. I pray that I will never take it for granted.
- It is an amazing gift to hear God’s Word directly, anytime I want to. I thank Him that He gave us His Bible, and that I can read and study it anytime I desire. I am able to hear directly from my Lord.
- The greatest gift I received is the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ. It has been a gift I have cherished each day since I received it as a teenage boy. I am redeemed. I am forgiven. I am saved. Indeed I am greatly blessed.
Now you know why this Christmas is so special to me. I have received twelve of the greatest gifts in the world.
Merry Christmas to all of you.
May God bless you abundantly with His gifts.