This week’s giveaway includes a Creature of the Word book from Matt Chandler, Eric Geiger, and Josh Patterson as well as the DVD discussion guide.
The book examines the rich, Scripture-based beauty of a gospel-centered church and then clearly provides practical steps toward forming a gospel-centered church. It will become a centering discussion piece for those whose goal is to be part of a church that has its theology, culture, and practice completely saturated in the gospel. The Reformers viewed the gospel as not merely one thing among many in the life of a church but rather the means by which the church exists. When the gospel is rightly declared and applied to God’s people, the church becomes “a creature of the Word.”
The Creature of the Word: The Jesus-Centered Church DVD Discussion Guide supplements Creature of the Word by introducing and expanding on the book’s content. It also provides a discussion guide for participants and small groups. The DVD includes four video sessions, each approximately 30 minutes long.
Also included is a black, genuine leather version of the HCSB Minister’s Bible. This newly designed edition is ideal for pulpit use with its large type, wide margins, and extensive ancillary notes from many of today’s top preachers and church leadership voices.
Some features of the Bible include:
- Where to Turn When . . .
- Plan of Salvation
- Four-color presentation page
- Various wedding and funeral outlines by Jim Henry
- “8 Traits of Effective Church Leaders” by Thom S. Rainer
- “21 Essentials of Authentic Ministry” by James T. Draper
- “Four Kinds of Expositional Preaching” by Ed Stetzer
- “30 Keys to Giving an Invitation” by O. S. Hawkins
- “Leading a Child to Christ” by Bill Emeott
- “Reaching Students with the Gospel” by Lynn H. Pryor
- “The Importance of Baptism and Communion” by Rick White
- Commitment Counseling
- The Christian Year and Church Calendar
- The Apostles and Their History
To be eligible to win, answer the following question:
What Bible reading plan are you using this year?
The deadline to enter is midnight CST this Saturday. We will draw one winner from the entries on Monday morning.