As I’ve written before, it has been my joy to call Fred Luter my friend for many years. Many years ago, when I was serving as dean and on the faculty of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, the campus newspaper did a profile on me. I remember the question, “Who is your favorite living preacher?” I answered without hesitation, “Fred Luter.” My opinion has not changed in the fifteen years since then.
Fred and I seem to cross paths quite frequently. We seem to have a lot in common:
- We have spoken on the same platform dozens of times. One of my greatest fears is following Fred Luter speaking.
- We are about the same age.
- We began serving as pastor close to the same time.
- We both married our high school sweethearts.
- Fred served on the board of LifeWay Christian Resources when I was voted as president.
But the commonalities end there. In reality, I could never come close to comparing favorably to a man like Fred Luter. I have rarely known a greater preacher. I have rarely known a greater pastor. I have rarely known a greater family man. I have rarely known a greater man of God.
Simply stated, Fred Luter is one my favorite people. Period. That’s why I am pleased to share these short videos LifeWay recently shot with Fred for the Pastors Today newsletter. Enjoy.
Get these posts delivered to your inbox daily
Subscribe today and receive this FREE church facility audit!