Podcast Episode #002
The topic is my new book, I Am a Church Member. The book releases on May 1, 2013, but is likely already available in most retail stores and online.
One of this book’s unique characteristics is that it was birthed out of a post here on the blog. When many people think of church membership, they may think that it just means their name is on a roll at a church. And in some faith traditions it means you were baptized or christened at that church. But it’s actually much more than that. It’s about an attitude, not an action. And in the book I lay out six basic principles for church membership:
- I Will Be a Unifying Church Member
- I Will Not Let the Church Be About My Preferences and Desires
- I Will Pray for My Church Leaders
- I Will Lead My Family to Be Healthy Church Members
- I Will Be a Functioning Member
- I Will Treasure Church Membership as a Gift
You can pick up your copy of I Am a Church Member at your local bookstore or online retailer. At many retailers, churches can also get a bulk case of 20 for $5 per book to use in their churches.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com. If we use your question, you’ll receive a free autographed copy of I Am a Church Member.