This week’s giveaway includes something for practically everyone.
First is a signed copy of my new book I Am a Church Member. Based on an idea originally taken from this blog, I Am a Church Member discusses the attitudes and responsibilities of church members. I address in detail what congregations should really be focusing on—praying for church leaders, being a functioning member, treasuring church membership, and more.
Six chapters with these titles include study questions to guide the discussion:
- I Will Be a Unifying Church Member
- I Will Not Let the Church Be About My Preferences and Desires
- I Will Pray for My Church Leaders
- I Will Lead My Family to Be Healthy Church Members
- I Will Be a Functioning Member
- I Will Treasure Church Membership as a Gift
Next is the DVD leader kit for Samson: A Life Well Wasted, a new study by Chip Henderson. Samson explores the life of Samson in Judges 13-16 and offers six ways we can waste our lives if we’re not focused on our God-given purpose. Hot-button cultural issues from dishonesty and anger to daddy-issues and sex are discussed. Samson offers encouragement and practical ideas for making God-honoring decisions and avoiding regret for what could have been. The leader kit includes:
- Member Book
- Leader Guide with step-by-step instructions to leading discussion, including insightful questions that will help encourage authentic community
- DVD-ROM with 6 discussion-starting videos
- Promo Video
- E-mailable biblical articles to dig deeper
- A playlist of music to accompany the study
The final item this week is another DVD leader kit. Nehemiah: A Heart That Can Break by Kelly Minter is a 7-session Bible study for women. Nehemiah’s heart was so broken for those in need that he left the comfort of his Persian palace to help them. Like Kelly’s other studies in the Living Room Series, you’ll find authentic Bible teaching, recipes, and a relational approach. Nehemiah also includes 7 video sessions and real-life ways to put feet to your faith. Are you ready to let God break your heart for a hurting, lost world and move you in compassion to be the hands and feet of Jesus? The kit includes:
- Member Book with recipes and leader helps
- DVDs for 7 group sessions averaging 20 minutes in length and including short interviews with people living out what God has put in their hearts to do
To enter the giveaway, tell us about your favorite moment so far of 2013.
The deadline to enter is midnight CDT this Saturday. We will draw one winner from the entries on Monday morning.
Special Note: Both Chip Henderson and Kelly Minter were instrumental in the development of Bible Studies for Life, a new curriculum line launching this fall. You are invited to join us on Wednesday, May 8, from 12:00—12:30 p.m. CDT as four pastors share their hope for how small groups can play a big part in addressing needs in the church and how LifeWay’s new series, Bible Studies for Life, can help.
By entering, you acknowledge and accept the terms of the promotion.
Get these posts delivered to your inbox daily
Subscribe today and receive this FREE church facility audit!