Seven-Gifts-I-Have-Received-from-the-Readers-of-This-Blog

On this Christmas day, I want to thank and acknowledge the readers of this blog for seven gifts you have given me. Your heart and generosity exceed anything I can repay.

1. The gift of your readership. Frankly, I find it hard to believe that you take the time to read my posts. Your presence on this blog is a great encouragement to me.
  2. The gift of grace. I am neither the smartest nor the most eloquent blogger writing today. I make many mistakes. I write some dumb things. But you show grace and forgiveness more times than I deserve.
  3. The gift of your ideas. Probably as many as one out of four posts are the result of your direct recommendations for topics. Thank you for the great ideas, especially when I am not thinking well.
  4. The gift of your comments. On numerous occasions, I have heard from people who tell me that they get more out of the comments than my posts themselves. That is a testimony to the quality of readers at ThomRainer.com.
  5. The gift of your kind spirit. Even when readers disagree with me or with other readers, you usually show a gracious spirit when doing so. Thus civil and kind discussion takes place on many serious issues on this blog.
  6. The gift of your service to others. I have been gratified and edified how the readers will often help one another. When there is a need expressed by one reader, it seems that many are eager to offer quick and wise assistance.
  7. The gift of your prayers. Many of you pray for the churches we highlight on Sundays. Many of you also tell me that you pray for me. I am amazed and humbled that you do.

The list could be longer; you certainly deserve greater thanks than these few words. But on this day that we celebrate the birth of our Savior, I want you to know how much I see Him working in your lives.

Thank you readers. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Merry Christmas.

Comments

1. Bill says

I’m so thankful for this blog. It has been a blessing, encouragement and great help on numerous occasions. Thank you so much. Merry Christmas & God bless you and your family in the coming year!

Thank you for your special ministry to our Pastors. What an awesome responsibility God calls them to and how easy it is for us to take their sacrifices for granted. God Bless Them All!

Merry Christmas and looking forward to a Happy New Year of your posts.

3. Keith Woodruff says

I too want to thank you Dr. Rainer for sharing with all of us your insights. I learn something new every time I read a post and the comments. Thank you so much! God Bless!

Merry Christmas and I look forward to a great New Year!

4. Randy Mann says

Thank you not only for your ministry to churches and pastors but also for your ever-expanding kingdom impact that continues through the lives and ministries of your sons. I’m grateful to God for you and them. Merry Christmas!

5. Randy Mann says

Thank you for your ministry to local churches and pastors. I am also thankful for the expanding Kingdom impact of your ministry through your boys and their ministries. I’m grateful to God for you and them. Merry Christmas!

6. Ke says

Thank you for your ministry into my life most every day. – You have encouraged me.
    Thank you for writing “I am a Church Member” I am at a new church church now as interim. I am teaching your book for the second time. I was told at the last place “if you would have taught that book on the front end of your work here, it would have been better” — well, I have learned.
    See you in Arkansas next Month — want to meet you.
    ken jerom

Thom:
    I am very thankful for you. I, too, am very blessed by your blog. I am encouraged by the brothers and sisters who write each week. In everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus. To God be the glory.
    Merry Christmas.