Podcast Episode #066
A lot of you are pastors. A lot of you are in leadership positions where every single move is watched and every word is parsed. It can be extremely difficult to lead with that pressure on you. So today, Dr. Danny Akin discusses leading your family, your church, or your business with all eyes on you.
Some quotes from Dr. Akin in this episode:
- The key word that is missing in many marriages today is “commitment.”
- When you’re committed to marriage to the end, when those hard times come, you’re motivated to work through it.
- Too many men in ministry are helicopter dads, and that stifles the fun in the house.
- Being in the ministry means living in a glass house. It’s not fair, but that’s the way it is. If you can’t handle that, then you may not need to be in the ministry.
- It is a compliment to you as a mom or dad that your kids feel comfortable bringing their friends into your home.
- We can’t please everyone. All that really matters in life is that you please God.
- When you make a mistake, admit it and ask for forgiveness.
This podcast was brought to you by Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary’s Doctor of Ministry program. If you want more out of your ministry, want to study with a world-class faculty and need to stay where you currently serve, the DMin at Southeastern is the answer for you. Visit SEBTS.EDU/DMIN for more information.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com. If we use your question, you’ll receive a free copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church.