Podcast Episode #122
This week I am excited to have Michael Hyatt on the podcast. Michael is the author of the New York Times bestseller, Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World. It is also a Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Amazon bestseller. He’s also the former Chairman and CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers. Michael now writes, speaks, and coaches full-time. He lives just outside Nashville, is married, and has five daughters.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Social media has created an unprecedented opportunity for people to have access to and be influenced by Christian leaders.
- Twitter is an opportunity for you to be a resource to other people.
- If your church doesn’t have a website, it doesn’t exist. People won’t take you seriously because they think you don’t care.
- Consistency is more important than frequency when it comes to blogging.
- Social media is both an insight station and an influence station.
- If you’re going to be active in social media, you need something to fill the well so that you have something to give out.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church. Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com. If we use your question, you’ll receive a free copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church.