Podcast Episode #201
We discuss missions and how churches should be involved both local and globally. We also cover some common mistakes and misconceptions churches suffer from as they look to mobilize their people for missions.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- You should both give to and be involved in missions.
- The answer for missions in too many churches is to pay, pray, and get out of the way.
- Many people think only of missions overseas. The reality is that the mission field has come to us in America.
- Many churches are giving and doing missions but are dying because they aren’t reaching their local community.
- True missions-minded churches are reaching people in both their local community and around the world.
- Don’t neglect Jerusalem for Judea, Samaria, and the ends of the earth.
The six missions mistakes and misconceptions we cover in this episode are:
- We should take caution that our giving not replace our doing
- The problem with Vacationaries
- We often think of missions as only taking place overseas
- The congregation may not understand the missions opportunities the church is supporting
- Not all missions efforts require special training
- We consider certain types of giving as missions giving when it’s really not
Midwestern Seminary, located in the heart of the Midwest, is one of the fastest growing seminaries in North America and offers a fantastic array of academic programs, including multiple online and residential options at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. Midwestern’s new 81-hour Mdiv program, online program, and doctoral program have all been recognized as some of the most innovative and affordable in the country. There has never been a better time to begin your seminary education. Midwestern Seminary trains leaders ‘For The Church.’
Visit them online at MBTS.edu and start your ministry training today.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.