Podcast Episode #196
Discussion about a recent blogpost that focused on the hurt ministry spouses often experience.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- If you look at any relationship, things get said unintentionally but they often still hurt.
- When you come up to a ministry spouse, encourage them. Don’t complain about their spouse.
- It is unreasonable to think you are getting a 2-for-1 when you hire someone on church staff.
- Sometimes church members just don’t know how to interact with ministry spouses.
- Going after a spouse to inflict pain on the minister is sinful and cowardly.
- We need to stand up to bullies in the church and encourage ministers and their families.
The six most common ways ministry spouses get hurt are:
- Complaints about their spouses.
- High expectations about ministry involvement.
- Complaints about the children.
- Gossip and murmuring.
- Going to the spouse with problems about the minister.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.
Midwestern Seminary, located in the heart of the Midwest, is one of the fastest growing seminaries in North America and offers a fantastic array of academic programs, including multiple online and residential options at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. Midwestern’s new 81-hour Mdiv program, online program, and doctoral program have all been recognized as some of the most innovative and affordable in the country. There has never been a better time to begin your seminary education. Midwestern Seminary trains leaders ‘For The Church.’
Visit them online at MBTS.edu and start your ministry training today.