Podcast Episode #210
We discuss a recent post on guest follow-up and offer some tips on how to improve it in your church.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- One of the questions I get all the time is “How do we get guests to return to our church?”
- Door-to-door visitation still works in some churches and communities, but not many.
- Most churches put a lot more effort into events at the church facility than they do for being in the community.
- In most churches a 20% return rate for guests should be the benchmark.
- Most church members don’t know what a church does for follow-up because the staff do it all.
- Some type of follow-up with church guests should happen within 24 hours of a visit.
- Let the context of your community dictate how you do followup after an initial contact.
- Every church should have a plan for how to follow-up with guests.
The six reasons churches struggle with follow-up are:
- The church has no plan in place for follow-up.
- Follow-up takes place outside the walls, a place of discomfort for many church members.
- Follow-up ministry is not as splashy as other ministries.
- Follow-up ministry can become discouraging.
- Follow-up ministry is not emphasized or recognized by leadership.
- Follow-up ministry is not even considered a ministry in many churches.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.
Midwestern Seminary, located in the heart of the Midwest, is one of the fastest growing seminaries in North America and offers a fantastic array of academic programs, including multiple online and residential options at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. Midwestern’s new 81-hour Mdiv program, online program, and doctoral program have all been recognized as some of the most innovative and affordable in the country. There has never been a better time to begin your seminary education. Midwestern Seminary trains leaders ‘For The Church.’
Visit them online at MBTS.edu and start your ministry training today.