Podcast Episode #224
We take a look at a few areas in which Millennial pastors are seeking help. We hear from pastors of all ages, but Millennial pastors seem to be dealing more with these six common issues that any others.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Millennial pastors have a desire to be mentored.
- Millennials will inevitably have the responsibility of supervising with staff who are older. Many are unprepared.
- You really don’t know someone in a work environment until you actually work with them.
- One area of church finance that can be confusing is the rules on designated funds.
- I love the Millennials’ emphasis on family.
- Most Millennials don’t want to lead the family life that many of their boomer parents displayed.
- Your ministry begins with your family. You have a ministry and the first line of that ministry is your family.
The six areas where Millennial pastors seek help most frequently are:
- Feedback on sermons
- Dealing with staff issues
- Understanding church finances
- Time management
- Life and family balance
- Practical ministry
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.
Midwestern Seminary, located in the heart of the Midwest, is one of the fastest growing seminaries in North America and offers a fantastic array of academic programs, including multiple online and residential options at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. Midwestern’s new 81-hour Mdiv program, online program, and doctoral program have all been recognized as some of the most innovative and affordable in the country. There has never been a better time to begin your seminary education. Midwestern Seminary trains leaders ‘For The Church.’
Visit them online at MBTS.edu/Rainer and start your ministry training today.