Podcast Episode #352
Leaders often face decision making roadblocks that affect the health of their church or organization. Today we discuss how to overcome these roadblocks.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- “Make the inevitable the immediate.” — Dean Inserra
- Too many leaders kick the can on difficult decision.
- It is inconceivable to many church members that a church would delete someone’s job or fire a staff member.
- When leadership refuses to make necessary decisions, the entire organization suffers.
- Good leaders have the courage to act quickly and make necessary decisions.
- Ministries and church programs have life cycles. Eventually, they must end.
- When making a difficult decision, ask what’s best for the organization—not necessarily what’s best for you personally.
- Leadership is not about the perks—it carries a price with it.
The five leadership roadblocks we discuss are:
- There are political repercussions for a decision.
- The subject of the decision has strong sentimental attachments to it.
- The fear that the decision will reflect a lack of compassion or lack of Christian concern.
- The desire to give something “just one more chance.”
- Fear of change in the leader’s life.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. Their Fall Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor Coaching Networks are now open for registration, and our very own Dr. Rainer will be speaking at the Fall Lead Pastor Coaching Network.
So if you’re a Lead Pastor or an Executive Pastor looking for peer roundtable coaching, check it out at vanderbloemen.com/coaching. It’s limited to 16 folks, so apply today before it fills up.
Midwestern Seminary, one of the fastest growing seminaries in North America, exists to train leaders For The Church. The local church is God’s “Plan A” for the proclamation of the gospel, and there is no Plan B. And this is Midwestern’s vision and heartbeat—equipping pastors and other ministry leaders who are called to expand God’s mission in the world through the local church. At Midwestern Seminary: they train leaders ‘For The Church.’
Visit them online at MBTS.edu and start your ministry training today.