In a previous post, I noted the top songs sung in churches. I got the information from CCLI, but CCLI does not track songs in the public domain. As a consequence, my list missed many of the great hymns of the church.
I am grateful for the work of LifeWayWorship.com. They were able to provide me a ranking of sales of the top 25 hymns sung in the church. The period covered contains cumulative sales for the past four years.
- How Great Thou Art
- Great Is Thy Faithfulness
- Blessed Assurance, Jesus Is Mine
- All Hail the Power of Jesus’ Name
- Holy, Holy, Holy
- Jesus Paid It All
- Christ the Lord Is Risen Today
- Crown Him with Many Crowns
- It Is Well with My Soul
- To God Be the Glory
- The Solid Rock
- Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing
- I Stand Amazed in the Presence
- Victory in Jesus
- Nothing but the Blood
- Amazing Grace! How Sweet the Sound
- Praise to the Lord, the Almighty
- At the Cross
- Revive Us Again
- Be Thou My Vision
- Because He Lives
- Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee
- A Mighty Fortress is Our God
- For A Thousand Tongues To Sing
- America, the Beautiful
“How Great Thou Art” and “Great Is Thy Faithfulness” are still under copyright, so CCLI tracks them and they rank #26 and #53 respectively on their list of all songs sung in church.
To create this list, we combined the sales from a traditional arrangement and a contemporary arrangement for each hymn. I encourage you to visit LifeWayWorship.com. It’s a great resource for all churches.
So what do you think of this list?