Podcast Episode #038
At the beginning of the year, I noted 14 predictions for the church in 2014 here on the blog (part one, part two). Jonathan and I discuss those 14 predictions and reasons behind them. My 14 predictions are:
- Increased church acquisitions.
- Downsizing of denominational structures.
- Decline in conversion growth.
- More megachurches.
- Greater number of churches moving to a unified worship style.
- Increased emphasis on high-expectation church membership.
- Increased challenges for congregations to build and acquire land due to restrictive governmental policies.
- More large churches will function like mini-denominations.
- New worship centers will be built smaller.
- Increased emphasis on small groups.
- Longer pastoral tenure.
- Local churches increasing their roles as ministry training leaders.
- Church movement to the community.
- More multiple teaching/preaching pastors.
Finally, as it does on many podcast episodes, the topic of church membership came up again. And this week, I gave two specific tips for pastors looking to clean or improve the membership rolls in their local church.
This week’s podcast is brought to you by Pastors Today. This weekly newsletter provides pastors with resources and information from around the web written specifically for pastors. For more information and to subscribe, visit blog.lifeway.com/pastorstoday.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com. If we use your question, you’ll receive a free autographed copy of I Am a Church Member.