Podcast Episode #081
Pastor and author Kerry Shook joins us on the podcast this week. On the show, we discuss Kerry’s new book, multisite ministry, megachurches, and much more.
Some highlights from the episode:
- Sermons are only half over when you hear them. You need to live them out as well.
- “It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts.” – John Wooden
- We have to keep learning as pastors.
- In those early days of our church plant, we got a lot more negativity from Christians than non-Christians.
- Leadership tension is needed because it draws us closer to the Lord.
- Dream big, pray hard, build people, and leave the results to God.
About Kerry Shook:
Kerry and his wife, Chris, founded Fellowship of The Woodlands, now Woodlands Church in 1993. Kerry believes that church should be engaging and fun, calling it “The Best Hour of Your Week.” He strives to eliminate the barriers of boredom, unfriendliness and fear that keep people from experiencing not just religion but a relationship with Jesus Christ. His messages are relevant, and his illustrations memorable.
Kerry Shook Ministries is a worldwide television ministry that broadcasts to a local, national and international audience. Pastor Kerry and Chris can now be seen by millions in 50 states and over 200 countries worldwide. Kerry and Chris have been married twenty-five years and have four children.
This week’s podcast is brought to you by Pastors Today. This weekly newsletter provides pastors with resources and information from around the web written specifically for pastors. For more information and to subscribe, visit lifeway.com/pastorstoday.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com. If we use your question, you’ll receive a free copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church.