Podcast Episode #152
We discuss a recent post on guest friendliness and seven steps churches are taking to increase their friendliness toward guests. Whether your church has a dedicated greeting time in the service or not, these principles will increase the friendliness in your church and help you retain guests better.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- When you conclude services on time, your members have more time to greet other members and guests.
- Signage eliminates barriers for church guests because they will more easily know where to go.
The seven ideas for increased guest friendliness in the church are:
- Conclude the services on time.
- Use the most outgoing members in critical places.
- Ask your most extroverted members to sit by guests and converse with them.
- Ask your most extroverted members to mingle intentionally before and after the service.
- Have clear signage that lets guest know where to go.
- Encourage people to speak to each other at the end of the service.
- Have people wear shirts or badges that clearly indicate they are available to help others.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church. Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.