Podcast Episode #161
We hear from churches all over the country about how God is working in their churches and how they are seeing people come to new life in Christ. So on today’s episode, we discuss nine relational evangelism ideas that are working in churches.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- The easiest way to connect with a non-Christian is over a meal.
- I do not understand why we do not pray for evangelistic opportunities more.
- We have to be intentional about developing relationships with non-Christians.
- Non-Christians are more open to coming to a Christmas Eve service than any other time of the year.
- If you’re not doing a Christmas Eve service, you’re missing a great opportunity.
- Align your church programs to intentionally create evangelistic opportunities.
The nine relational evangelism ideas that work are:
- Partner with a Christian student group on a local college campus and host a late night coffee/study session during finals week
- Encourage members to have a meal a week with an unchurched family
- Frequent the same coffeeshop/restaurant and develop relationships
- Go to the same non-Christian barber/stylist
- Pray for opportunities each day to develop relationship with non-Christians
- Join an organization to connect with non-Christians
- Develop meaningful relationships with your non-Christian co-workers
- Gift Christmas gifts (like baked goods) to your neighbors
- Teach in an ESL class
Trinity Evangelical Divinity School is a dynamic community of learners who are serious about ministry preparation biblical studies theological reflection and cultural engagement. Their faculty are gifted men and women who minister as much through research and writing as through local church involvement but their primary ministry is teaching and caring for students. Find out more about TEDS at Divinity.TIU.edu.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church. Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.