Podcast Episode #238
Discuss the characteristics of generous churches and how to tell if your church is a generous one or not.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Weekly per capita giving is one of the best numbers to use to measure financial health of a church.
- The average weekly per capita giving in the U.S. is $30.
- There are certain types of financial campaigns that are more likely to get people involved.
- Churches that have foundation funds tend to be the least generous.
- It’s good to know if your church is financially dependent on a few giving units or if the giving is spread throughout the church.
- We should give cheerfully, not reluctantly.
The six characteristics of a generous church are:
- Weekly per capita giving.
- Trends in budget giving.
- Responsiveness to special offerings
- Giving relative to the socioeconomics of the community.
- Not overly dependent on one or a few giving units.
- A biblical understanding of stewardship.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.
Midwestern Seminary, located in the heart of the Midwest, is one of the fastest growing seminaries in North America and offers a fantastic array of academic programs, including multiple online and residential options at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. Midwestern’s new 81-hour Mdiv program, online program, and doctoral program have all been recognized as some of the most innovative and affordable in the country. There has never been a better time to begin your seminary education. Midwestern Seminary trains leaders ‘For The Church.’
Visit them online at MBTS.edu/Rainer and start your ministry training today.