Podcast Episode #241
Mike Harland returns to the podcast to discuss worship as discipleship.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Discipleship is something that should be passed from generation to generation in our families.
- The most quoted book of the Bible is the book of Psalms.
- Every spiritual discipline you can think of is represented in at least one psalm.
- Music should be used as a tool to help us make disciples in the church.
- Music is the most powerful discipleship tool God has given us.
- In many churches, worship ministry is more performance-based than discipleship-based.
The four topics we cover related to worship as discipleship are:
- The Biblical Model of Discipleship
- The Bible without the Psalms
- Music and Memory
- Concentric Circles of DiscipleMaking in Worship Ministry
Midwestern Seminary, located in the heart of the Midwest, is one of the fastest growing seminaries in North America and offers a fantastic array of academic programs, including multiple online and residential options at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. Midwestern’s new 81-hour Mdiv program, online program, and doctoral program have all been recognized as some of the most innovative and affordable in the country. There has never been a better time to begin your seminary education. Midwestern Seminary trains leaders ‘For The Church.’
Visit them online at MBTS.edu and start your ministry training today.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.