Podcast Episode #254
Church bullies are a problem in many churches. Here are eight ways to spot them in your church.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Church bullies don’t just have one of these symptoms, but multiple.
- A strong personality does not a bully make.
- You can’t argue your way into favor with a church bully.
- Arguing with a church bully can make things even worse.
- Times of growth in a church often cause church bullies to try and keep the status quo.
- The worst thing we can do sometimes is ignore problems in the church and think they’ll go away on their own.
The eight signs of church bullies are:
- They are among the first in the church to tell you how much they love you.
- They have strong personalities.
- They are highly opinionated.
- They are terrible listeners.
- They build unhealthy alliances.
- They murmur and gossip.
- They do most of their toxic work in darkness.
- They have been to several churches.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.
Midwestern Seminary, located in the heart of the Midwest, is one of the fastest growing seminaries in North America and offers a fantastic array of academic programs, including multiple online and residential options at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. Midwestern’s new 81-hour Mdiv program, online program, and doctoral program have all been recognized as some of the most innovative and affordable in the country. There has never been a better time to begin your seminary education. Midwestern Seminary trains leaders ‘For The Church.’
Visit them online at MBTS.edu and start your ministry training today.