Podcast Episode #251
Nik and Ruth Ripken join us to discuss The Insanity of God and their story of God’s faithfulness.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- “On the mission field, you can’t look at lost people in the eye and say ‘I want to quit.'”
- “When our son died, it’s not that it didn’t rip my heart out, it just felt like it was our turn.”
- “Our kids would be stoned off their bikes in South Africa because they were mistaken for Afrikaners.”
- “Until you cross the street to be with people, you don’t really realize who they are.”
- “What is it going to cost us to share Christ with our neighbors?”
- “It’s in the context of breaking bread with others that walls come down in our lives.”
- “The loneliest person in the church is the pastor.”
About The Insanity of God
- The Insanity of God books, resources, and study kits
- The Insanity of God Movie
- One night special event showing on August 30
Midwestern Seminary, located in the heart of the Midwest, is one of the fastest growing seminaries in North America and offers a fantastic array of academic programs, including multiple online and residential options at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. Midwestern’s new 81-hour Mdiv program, online program, and doctoral program have all been recognized as some of the most innovative and affordable in the country. There has never been a better time to begin your seminary education. Midwestern Seminary trains leaders ‘For The Church.’
Visit them online at MBTS.edu and start your ministry training today.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.