Podcast Episode #299
Jimmy Scroggins joins us again and leads us through the major changes he had to make at Family Church as well as what he learned in the process.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- “Don’t waste a good crisis.”
- “When you have the crunch of a crisis, people give you more latitude to make hard decisions.”
- “The toughest change we had to make was cancelling the singing Christmas tree.”
- A multi-site strategy can sometimes drive a name-change for a church.
- “Don’t let the structure of your polity crush your pursuit of vision.”
- “Your church polity should give the pastor and leaders the ability to pursue and lead vision.”
- “Multi-site lets you try out things at other sites that you’d like to do at your main site.”
- “An outward-focused evangelistic culture is the most important development we’ve seen in our church.”
About Jimmy Scroggins
Jimmy is husband to Kristin, father to eight, and lead pastor of Family Church—a network of neighborhood churches dedicated to reaching families in South Florida with the gospel.
Are you getting prepared for the changing ministry landscape? Get your Master of Divinity degree at Midwestern Seminary. The M.Div—Midwestern’s flagship degree program—is their primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a new culture of discipleship devoted to the local church and committed to taking God’s unchanging Word into a rapidly changing world. Join the movement today.
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.