Podcast Episode #339
If any of these danger signs are present in your church, you need to take note. They can signal decline, dead theology, or even death of the church.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- There is a growing danger of the exclusivity of Christ being lost in many churches.
- Any rationale that minimizes evangelism is contrary to Scripture.
- Evangelism doesn’t just happen. It requires intentionality.
- Actions should emanate from your preaching of the Word.
- Your church’s missions and evangelism should focus locally as well as globally.
- When you insist on always getting your way in a relationship, the relationship eventually will deteriorate.
The five danger signs we cover are:
- Doubts about the exclusivity of salvation through Christ.
- Waning efforts at evangelism.
- Making doctrine and works either/or.
- Forgetting Jerusalem.
- Fighting rather than going and doing.
The Timothy Track, from Midwestern Seminary, offers select residential M.Div. students placement in internship positions in a local church in the area. Now you can complement your studies with in-the-field ministry experience. In addition, all Timothy Track students will receive up to 12 credit hours for the internship and a 50% tuition scholarship for the first year.
Find out more at mbts.edu/TimothyTrack.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. Their Fall Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor Coaching Networks are now open for registration, and our very own Dr. Rainer will be speaking at the Fall Lead Pastor Coaching Network.
So if you’re a Lead Pastor or an Executive Pastor looking for peer roundtable coaching, check it out at vanderbloemen.com/coaching. It’s limited to 16 folks, so apply today before it fills up.