Podcast Episode #355
Revitalization is needed in nearly two thirds of churches in America. Today we discuss four paths for revitalization and the challenges of each.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- True, biblical church revitalization will include an evangelism emphasis.
- Churches that need revitalization are almost always spiritual navel gazers.
- Church relocation doesn’t meet automatic revitalization—but a lot of church leaders think it does.
- Resistance to change and love of comfort are the two biggest stumbling blocks for church revitalization.
- If your church is going to die, do it with dignity and turn the property over to another church.
- Most churches are not equipped to acquire dying churches.
The four avenues for church revitalization that we cover in this episode are:
- Organic revitalization.
- Relocational revitalization.
- Leadershift revitalization.
- Acquisitional revitalization.
The Timothy Track, from Midwestern Seminary, offers select residential M.Div. students placement in internship positions in a local church in the area. Now you can complement your studies with in-the-field ministry experience. In addition, all Timothy Track students will receive up to 12 credit hours for the internship and a 50% tuition scholarship for the first year.
Find out more at mbts.edu/TimothyTrack.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.