Podcast Episode #373
Darrel Girardier joins us to discuss how bet to operate your church’s communications efforts for both online and in print.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- The tools you use depend on the skills of the user.
- When you build a website on a proprietary platform, you’re stuck with that platform.
- “The majority of your church’s social media content should revolve around the sermon.”
- You should see growth over time with your social media the more people engage with it.
- Having a planning calendar allows you to better schedule your church social media content.
The four communications problems ways churches lose volunteers are:
- Technical (What tools should we use?)
- Content (What should we create and share?)
- ROI (What is a win?)
- Resources (How do we maximize our time?)
Darrel Girardier is the Digital Strategy Director for Brentwood Baptist Church. He is focused on helping churches utilize social media and technology in advancing their mission. He and his wife, Amy-Jo, have two kids—Scout and Skylar.
Midwestern Seminary is interested in helping you get to the field faster. And they’re serious about training leaders for the church. That’s why they’ve created the all-new Accelerate Program. In Midwestern’s Accelerate Program, students earn both Bachelor of Arts degree and Master of Divinity degree in just 5 years of intensive study. That’s a B.A. and an M.Div. at the same time. This innovative residential program combines rigorous academic training with practical ministry preparation, resulting in one of the most effective programs around, so that you can pursue your ministry calling as soon as possible.
Two degrees in five years – all in one program: Accelerate at Midwestern Seminary. Take the next step by visiting mbts.edu/accelerate.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.