SUBSCRIBE TODAY: iTunes • RSS • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play
External factors play a major role in replanting and revitalizing. But so do internal factors. Today, Mark Clifton joins us to talk about EQ and its importance in effective leadership.
Today’s Listener Question:
In episode 3, you mentioned a replanter needs high emotional intelligence. What does that look like on a practical level and how can I improve personally?
- Self awareness is critical for a pastor.
- Pastors need to be good listeners.
- The more you love Jesus, the more you’re going to love people.
- The more you love people, the more you’re going to want to spend time with them.
The four characteristics of emotional intelligence that we cover in this episode are:
- Self-awareness: The ability to know yourself and your emotions, not as you wish they were, but as they really are.
- Self-regulation: The wisdom and ability to understand the impact you have when you take action or refrain from action.
- Social awareness: The ability to read other people and understand their emotions.
- Relationship management: The ability to incorporate the other 3 skills to navigate and build positive relationships with all types of people.
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- EQ Assessment
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.