SUBSCRIBE TODAY: iTunes • RSS • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play
Leadership is critical to successful revitalization. Today we discuss what kind of leaders often fail in the task.
Today’s Listener Question:
I read a lot about the types of pastors who should lead church revitalization, but what kinds of pastors *shouldn’t* try to lead revitalization?
- Fearful leaders are most often those who have been hurt in the past.
- Social media has amplified criticism of pastors and leaders.
- Many times, fearful leaders are not prayerful leaders.
- A lot of church leaders are in denial about the health of their church and don’t want to know the truth.
- Some church leaders are leading well…for 1985.
- If all you’re doing is maintaining status quo, then you’re falling behind.
- Coasting is not an option for leaders.
The four types of leaders who should not lead revitalization are:
- Fearful leaders
- Leaders in denial
- Comfortable leaders
- Coasting leaders
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.