Podcast Episode #401
Complexity cripples too many churches. They want to simplify, but don’t know where to start. Today, we identify barriers to simplifying your church.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- What is your church holding onto that is keeping it from moving forward?
- It doesn’t matter how great your vision statement is if no one can remember it.
- If you want your church to remember its vision statement, if needs to be simple and repeated redundantly.
- Fear can stop leaders from casting the vision a church actually needs.
- Too many pastors and church leaders are coasting toward either retirement or conflict avoidance.
- Don’t let fear paralyze you into inaction.
The five barriers we cover are:
- Lack of clear vision.
- Failure to evaluate.
Midwestern Seminary is interested in helping you get to the field faster. And they’re serious about training leaders for the church. That’s why they’ve created the all-new Accelerate Program. In Midwestern’s Accelerate Program, students earn both Bachelor of Arts degree and Master of Divinity degree in just 5 years of intensive study. That’s a B.A. and an M.Div. at the same time. This innovative residential program combines rigorous academic training with practical ministry preparation, resulting in one of the most effective programs around, so that you can pursue your ministry calling as soon as possible.
Two degrees in five years – all in one program: Accelerate at Midwestern Seminary. Take the next step by visiting mbts.edu/accelerate.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.