Podcast Episode #411
Churches across America are facing facility issues ranging from lighting and code requirements to having too much space. Tim Songster from Cosco & Associates (ChurchDesign.com) joins us to discuss how best to deal with these issues.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- One of the primary ways churches are changing today is in the area of church facilities.
- LED lighting allows for more flexibility of control and greater savings on electricity.
- Churches are wanting smaller worship facilities to create more intimacy among worshippers.
- There is a willingness to invest in children’s space now like there hasn’t been in the past.
The seven key facility issues we cover are:
- Updating/Replacing Worship Centers
- Importance of Children’s Ministry
- Accessibility & Code Requirements
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
Our friends at Vanderbloemen Search Group help churches and ministries build great teams by finding their key staff, but did you know they have a ton of resources around team building? Their newest addition is TheCultureTool.com , a free comprehensive staff engagement survey to help you build, run, and keep a great team. It’s brand new and still in beta, so check out TheCultureTool.com to be on the cutting edge of this new tool that will help you improve your church staff culture.
Visit TheCultureTool.com to learn more.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com. If we use your question, you’ll receive a free copy of Becoming a Welcoming Church.