SUBSCRIBE TODAY: iTunes • RSS • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play
As the leader of a church’s revitalization, you have to be able to provide certain things to the people and the community. Today, we cover six key components.
Today’s Listener Question:
I’m a young pastor getting ready to go into my second pastorate, and this new church is in need for mild revitalization. I have been reading about, studying, and living in church revitalization during my first pastorate, so it is not a foreign topic to me, however I’m no expert when it comes to church revitalization. What areas/actions would you suggest that I focus on as I begin serving in this new position?
- Whatever age you are, always have a learning disposition.
- Good leadership does two things: it helps you face reality, and it gives you hope.
- Revitalization must be led by a pastor who gives the church a healthy dose of love.
- Churches in need of revitalization have to be reminded that they have a future.
- Any vision statement that is not actionable is not a true vision statement.
The six keys we cover are:
- A healthy dose of reality
- Unconditional love
- A clear plan forward
- A love for the community
- Respect for their history and heritage
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- To Dream Again
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.