It’s time for a blog post on the lighter side.
I expect many of you are pretty exhausted after Easter Sunday. Levity might be the better alternative to my more serious articles.
Here is what I did. I looked at a very lengthy list of different searches people made on Google that landed them at ThomRainer.com. Many were expected. A large number, though, were total surprises. Here are 15 of the funnier surprise searches at my site, in no particular order.
- “Best fitting collars for preachers.” Clergy collar? Shirt collar? Dog collar?
- “How to write a critical anonymous letter.” Just say no.
- “Why don’t Baptists hug?” We enjoy fighting more.
- “What do I do if a woman in the church is trying to seduce my husband?” Believe it or not, there were two searches just like this one. My blog must have a weird reputation.
- “Bible verses that support the use of social media.” Hezekiah 8:33: “Go therefore and make tweeters of all nations.”
- “Thom S. Ranier.” I had to include that one; my last name gets misspelled a lot.
- “Should greeters stand behind a counter?” My preference is slightly to the right.
- “Characteristics of a good critic in the church.” Here is my exhaustive list: _________.
- “Seven demons that attack the church.” Did you want specific names?
- “What are the duties of the pastor emeritus?” To emerit with quality.
- “Sermon on ugly deeds of church members.” Enjoy it. It may be your last one.
- “Driving to church late.” See deacons, role of.
- “What to do if a church member is rejected for a genuine hug.” Suggest they try a church other than Baptist.
- “Don’t marry pretending women sermons.” I have no idea.
- “Should people hug in the church?” Okay, I’m beginning to see a pattern here.
Thank you, pastors and other church leaders. I hope some of these funny searches gave you reason to smile. I love serving you who are on the front lines of ministry, even if it sometimes involves humor.
You are truly my heroes.