SUBSCRIBE TODAY: iTunes • RSS • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play
A love for the Word, your Savior, and your calling is foundational to ministry. But what other loves should a pastor have? Today, we discuss five of them.
Today’s Listener Question:
It seems that a lot of success in revitalizing or replanting in the local church has to do with the people knowing you love them as you shepherd them. What are some specific things to communicate to the people to grow this affinity?
- You cannot successfully lead a church in your own strength and power.
- Don’t have church activities to get people in your building, have them to get your people into the lives of the community.
- Those who’ve been dealt most generously with should be the most generous.
- Pastors, love the church you lead, not the one you wish you led.
- Your family is your first line of ministry.
The five loves we discuss are:
- Love of the heritage of the church
- Love of the community of the church
- Love of the members still in the church
- Love of you own family as you lead the church
- Love of God’s work regardless of recognition
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.