Podcast Episode #423
Art Rainer joins us to talk about church budgets, budgeting tools, and how churches can free up more money toward missions.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- When dealing with personal finances, give generously, save wisely, and live appropriately.
- Envelope3 allows you to know if you’re spending too much on church personnel and operations.
- The #1 question pastors have about church budgets is “What % of our budget should go to personnel costs?”
- Church budgeting doesn’t have to be laborious.
- Get an immediate analysis of your budget through our custom program
- Receive regular updates on current trends and best practices from industry experts
- Have questions about your budget? Get them answered in our community learning forum
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
Our friends at Vanderbloemen Search Group help churches and ministries build great teams by finding their key staff, but did you know they have a ton of resources around team building? Their newest addition is TheCultureTool.com, a free comprehensive staff engagement survey to help you build, run, and keep a great team. It’s brand new and still in beta, so check out TheCultureTool.com to be on the cutting edge of this new tool that will help you improve your church staff culture.
Visit TheCultureTool.com to learn more.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com. If we use your question, you’ll receive a free copy of Becoming a Welcoming Church.