What to Do If You Need to Ask A Volunteer to Step Down
- Make certain you have prayed sufficiently about it.
- Make certain the decision is a necessity.
- Involve others.
- See if there are other ministry possibilities.
- Be clear, truthful and compassionate.
- Think through likely and unintended consequences.
Some highlights from today’s Rainer Report:
- There will be times when you have to ask a volunteer to step down from a ministry role. Will you handle it well?
- Before you even begin to ask a volunteer to step down from a ministry role, you need to pray about it.
- Instead of asking someone to step down completely from a ministry role, there might be an alternative role you can move them to.
- Be clear and compassionate when you have to ask someone to step down from a ministry role.