Podcast Episode #430
Pastors have busy schedules, so time management is critical. Today we look at seven items on a pastor’s schedule and how you can best manage the time they take.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Weddings are hard for pastors to say “no” to, but they can be very time consuming if you don’t.
- Counseling is not something most senior pastors do well. It’s critical to have a referral list.
- If you spend a lot of time on the road for hospital visits, redeem the time with audio books or podcasts.
- Most church staffs meet too much. Many meetings could be emails or a quick hallway conversation.
- Digital study tools like MyWSB can save hours of sermon prep time every year.
The seven time consumers we cover on this episode are:
- Hospital visits
- Sermon preparation
- Social events
- Office interruptions
Our friends at Vanderbloemen Search Group help churches and ministries build great teams by finding their key staff, but did you know they have a ton of resources around team building? Their newest addition is The Culture Tool, a free comprehensive staff engagement survey to help you build, run, and keep a great team. It’s brand new and still in beta, so check out TheCultureTool.com to be on the cutting edge of this new tool that will help you improve your church staff culture.
Visit TheCultureTool.com to learn more.
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com. If we use your question, you’ll receive a free copy of Becoming a Welcoming Church.