Podcast Episode #434
Sam Rainer joins us to talk about the established church and why pastors should love them. We also highlight an upcoming conference for pastors of established churches.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- After a church has been around for more than a decade, it becomes an established church.
- When you inherit an established church, you often inherit 4-5 generations in a church.
- A healthy established church will have people who are involved and integrated into the health of the community.
- Not only do established churches have buildings, they are often in strategic locations in their town.
The six reasons we cover on this episode are:
- They are often multigenerational
- The have generations of gospel stories
- They are often anchors in their community
- Many of them have buildings in strategic locations
- Many of them have stable finances
- They have a history worth saving
Applications are now open for Vanderbloemen’s fall pastor coaching network at their Houston headquarters in September and November. There are two networks – one for Lead Pastors and one for Executive Pastors. Each group is limited to 16 people. It’s a roundtable, close-knit network where you will grow as a leader so that you can grow your team and ultimately grow your church.
If you’re interested in joining, visit vanderbloemen.com/coaching for more information.
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com. If we use your question, you’ll receive a free copy of Becoming a Welcoming Church.
Resources Mentioned in Today’s Podcast