SUBSCRIBE TODAY: iTunes • RSS • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play
Recorded at the LifeWay breakfast during this week’s SBC Annual Meeting, this special episode of Revitalize & Replant examines the Southern Baptist Convention and its future, what it needs to change, and how the emphasis for health rests on the local church.
- In too many churches, we’ve become disunified and distracted because we’ve lost our focus on the Great Commission.
- A denominational problem is ultimately a collection of local church problems.
- 15 years ago, growth in our churches was easier. Today, the decline of cultural Christianity has made it much more difficult.
- Church outreach needs to be effective and ongoing.
The six issues relevant to the health of the SBC that we discuss are:
- A perspective from 14 years ago
- The disunified and distracted church
- The disunified and distracted denomination
- The local church issue: the slow death of evangelism and outward focus
- The challenges of ministry training and theological education
- A future unknown
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.