Podcast Episode #450
Churches of the future will have many of the same components of churches today, but there are changes that will take place. Today, we cover five of those changes.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Churches of all sizes are starting to embrace the multi-site model.
- Multi-site will soon be as normative as multi-service is.
- Healthy churches almost always have healthy discipleship groups.
- New ideas the church should be tried out of accommodation, not out of compromise.
The five future developments we discuss are:
- Shifts in the multisite model.
- More churches seeking to be acquired or merged into a multisite system.
- Return to some level of programmatic behavior.
- Rise of networks.
- The attendance frequency issue becoming a greater focus.
Applications are now open for Vanderbloemen’s fall pastor coaching network at their Houston headquarters in September and November. There are two networks – one for Lead Pastors and one for Executive Pastors. Each group is limited to 16 people. It’s a roundtable, close-knit network where you will grow as a leader so that you can grow your team and ultimately grow your church.
If you’re interested in joining, visit vanderbloemen.com/coaching for more information.
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com. If we use your question, you’ll receive a free copy of Becoming a Welcoming Church.