SUBSCRIBE TODAY: iTunes • RSS • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play
Time is the friend of a revitalizer. You have to stay to see growth and revitalization. Today, we discuss seven ways to prepare yourself to lead revitalization.
Today’s Listener Question:
As someone seeking my first pastorate and understanding that most likely I will find myself in a plateaued or declining church, what steps should I be taking now in preparation for that role? And what should I focus in in year one?
- The first imperative in revitalization is to pray.
- Love the church you pastor, not the one you wish you pastored.
- The Lord doesn’t stop loving us. We shouldn’t stop loving others.
- One real marker of success in revitalization is that the community is noticeably better because of the church’s influence in the community.
The seven ways to prepare yourself that we discuss are:
- Love those who are there
- Become immersed in the community
- Learn to help the remnant dream
- Begin a steady stream of outwardly focused ministries
- Give hope
- Focus on your family
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.