SUBSCRIBE TODAY: iTunes • RSS • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play
It’s important for churches to have a kingdom mindset if they are going to revitalize or be replanted. Today, we discuss what that looks like in a church.
Today’s Listener Question:
I’ve been bi-vocational while attending seminary. I graduate in the spring and want to take on a replant or revitalization. What do I look for when interviewing with future churches to know if they’re potentially good churches to pastor?
- You will rarely find a church where all the members have a sacrificial mindset.
- We will soon see more and more ministries have digital connections outside of the local church.
- A church that loves its community does more than just an event or two a year—it’s a consistent outreach.
- Don’t see those in your community as object to help increase your attendance, but as an opportunity for ministry.
The six indicators of a kingdom mindset are:
- A sacrificial mindset
- An other-focus
- A love of the community
- A forsaking of idols
- A willingness to let go
- The mind and heart of Christ
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Church Health Report
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.