Seven Reasons Why Church Worship Centers Will Get Smaller
- Decreasing frequency of attendance among church members.
- The growth of the “nones.”
- The growth of the multi-site and multi-venue church.
- The Millennials’ aversion to larger worship centers.
- Governmental agencies are increasingly unfriendly to church building plans.
- The shift in emphasis from the big worship event to an emphasis on groups.
- The desire to spend more on ministry and less on facilities.
Some highlights from today’s Rainer Report:
- There has been a huge shift in attendance patterns of church goers over the past few decades.
- Millennials prefer smaller venues for corporate worship.
- Groups have become the new emphasis for churches instead of worship attendance alone.
- More and more churches are becoming debt averse leading them to not build large worship centers.