Five Ways a Congregation Can Prevent Short Term Pastoral Tenure
- Form a liaison advocacy group
- Start an intercessory prayer ministry for the pastor
- Get quarterly updates for the first three years
- Form an advocacy group for the pastor’s family
- Be transparent and truthful on the front end
Some highlights from today’s Rainer Report:
- Simply put, pastoral tenure is too short.
- It always helps a pastor to know church members are regularly praying for the pastor.
- Pastors’ spouses often receive undue criticism that leads pastors to want to leave a church.
- Pastor search committees need to be transparent and truthful. “We are ready for change” is often not true.