iTunes • RSS • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play • Spotify
Biblical church membership is important in churches. While it may be tempting to just clean the rolls and start from scratch in a revitalization with bloated rolls, there are better ways to go about this.
Today’s Listener Question:
What are your recommendations for leading a church to a healthy view of meaningful membership? And what are your thoughts about “inactive” membership as a “middle way” for those who are hesitant with removing non-attending members from the rolls?
- “Before removing inactive members from the church roll, you’re going to need the leadership of the church supporting the direction.”
- Too many church members see a church membership roll as equal to the Lamb’s Book of Life.
- For healthy church discipline to occur, healthy church membership must first be present.
- You church’s mission and vision should be tied to healthy membership.
The five keys to leading a church to meaningful membership that we discuss are:
- Learn tactical patience
- Emphasize a new members’ class
- Give examples of other churches
- Work on the membership rolls
- Tie the vision to healthy membership
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- I Am a Church Member
- CrossPoint Church – Trussville, AL
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.