Podcast Episode #476
We need healthy churches. I’ve committed my ministry to helping churches grow healthier. But what does a healthy church look like? Today, we discuss seven traits they exhibit.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- For too many churches, believing in the power of the gospel is nothing more than lip service.
- Courageous leaders believe God will work in their churches.
- Too many leaders know what needs to change in their church and either don’t have the knowledge or the courage to make it happen.
- If you’re not facing reality as a church, you likely won’t be moving forward.
- Healthy churches have leaders who take responsibility.
The seven traits of healthy churches that we discuss are:
- They truly believe in the power of the gospel.
- They have courageous leaders.
- They embrace change.
- They are not nostalgic.
- They see reality.
- They intentionally intersect their lives with non-Christians.
- They accept responsibility.
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped thousands of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
For more information, visit WeStaffTheChurch.com.
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com. If we use your question, you’ll receive a free copy of Becoming a Welcoming Church.