Podcast Episode #477
My latest book, Scrappy Church, was written to offer hope to churches who think they may not have a future. God is not done with your church yet.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- God has put you at your church for a reason.
- If a church refuses to define reality and change, it will likely not fulfill its Kingdom potential.
- Churches shouldn’t see their community or their resources as limitations but as opportunities for ministry.
- Instead of worrying about what we don’t have, we need to take what God has given us and do something with it.
- Courage is not the absence of fear; it’s moving forward in spite of fear.
The six transitions scrappy church leaders have to make are:
- Excuses to Ownership
- Obstacles to Allies
- Limitations to Abundance
- Despair to Joy
- Fear to Courage
- Impossible to Possible
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped thousands of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
For more information, visit WeStaffTheChurch.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com. If we use your question, you’ll receive a free copy of Becoming a Welcoming Church.