SUBSCRIBE TODAY: iTunes • RSS • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play
When your church is well-known in the community, it’s typically for something really good…or something that’s not so good. Today, we tackle the latter and discuss how to get past leading a church with a terrible reputation.
- If your community is growing rapidly and your church is in decline, you need to assess why.
- Most churches don’t have a negative reputation in the community—they have no reputation at all.
- Serving local schools is the most direct way to impact your community. By serving those in the schools, you’re directly impacting local area families.
- Your church can often have a negative reputation because of the negative attitudes of the members about the community.
The six keys that we discuss are:
- Assess the situation accurately
- Get feedback from community members
- Start serving the community
- Start celebrating the community
- Spend more time with the doers than the whiners
- Consider re-planting
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Revitalize Network
- Revitalize Bundle
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Scrappy Church and Reclaiming Glory.